Thursday, January 14, 2010

Roaring!

Upon arriving at this new place and setting up camp so to speak, I find myself hindered with what seems like trivial matters but weigh heavy in a grand scheme of things. I find myself blocked from the world by a great hulking behemoth of necessity and luxury. I call it a monster blunder while others may call it HDTV. I see the difference, I just don’t care. My eyes have suffered through blurry and flurry visions while tinkering with antennae and wire hangers. While TV is a luxury, and so is HDTV, it is really not as necessary as high speed internet. These two media dumping and flashy eye fixers should really work together. Many companies offer a deal for that and even phone, but no…I did not choose one of those plans. I tend to avoid the cheap road for some reason. Somehow I think that it will actually work better this way and yet her I run into a wall and make the choice about which is more important.
These dilemmas, while they won’t exactly happen in my stories, the feelings must transcend to their predicaments. It may be as insignificant as which road to pass knowing full well that both roads offer great benefits while simultaneously sucker punching all wayward travelers. Really, it is the cliché predicament of being between a rock and a hard place, Scylla and Charybdis, or even the road less traveled. But really, continuing with these tried and true phrases, how do I keep my cake and eat it too? How can I give up one thing for another?
The answer to this is that neither can be cast away, both must be saved. No longer dilemmas they are personified. They are the two toys I cannot do without despite their being left to the dust in the closet and no longer played with.
Here is how I see their survival and wonder if it is in me to overcome this hurtle as heroes must. It starts first with a voice. No, heroes do not speak politely, they speak loudly. No, heroes scream! They roar!
They complain until they are speaking with a manager using all the tools in their killing arsenal until the company is appealing to your needs and appeasing just so they save the last vestiges of their hearing, their heart and their life. They work for a corrupt system and should know better. Heroes are out there. Listen to their cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment